Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby Talk


My baby turned 12 last week and we have been remembering what all the kids were like when they were little. The conversation turned to how they pronounced certain things that became "family speak" for quite a long time, at least until they grew up a bit and got embarrassed by it.


A few words that have gone away much to my chagrin are


wassels = waffles


frid-a-frator = refridgerator


tubby = bath (I still use this one)


tooks, short for tookies = cookies


and sadly, my nieces and nephews have stopped calling me Aunt Soopy, but I have a new niece who will be turning one soon. maybe I won't tell her my real name. Aunt Soopy was the first nickname I've ever had.




1 comment:

Painless Mama said...

Aww.. I only ever call you Aunt Soopy around her, so let's hope that sticks. Izzy calls me "Di-Di"