Monday, October 6, 2008

Crazy Life

It would seem that I'm being taken up on my offer to host my daughters volleyball team party! YIKES!


It was during the pre-season parents meeting/pep rally, I don't know what came over me, I was just so proud of my daughter, getting picked for the varsity team, and, well, I guess I got caught up in the moment. We had some scheduling conflicts (stalling?) trying to pick a date at the meeting and then it just kinda slipped from my mind.

My husband calls me at work the other day and simply says "October 17th." I had no clue what he was talking about.

He said "you know, for the party."

"What party?"

"The one you offered to host, at that meeting I couldn't go to."

"Oh... yeah... right...that."



So now we get to planning, I have a huge week at work,

- union meeting tomorrow night,

- Commission meeting Wednesday,

- Town hall meeting Thursday,

- political sign waving on street corners on Friday evening, closely followed by a meeting at the middle school about the 8th grade D.C. Trip.

and

all this fun gets wrapped up nicely with a 45 minute drive to get my mother from the airport on Saturday...at MIDNIGHT!

and that's all in addition to the usual...4 soccer practices for 2 boys, Volleyball practice every day( no late bus at our school), key club pumpkin patch, and I have no idea when the next orthodontist appointment is ( I lost the card) I have a sneaking feeling it's this week.



... Damn, who told my mother she could go away this week. I need drivers!
Maybe I can charm her into helping with the party plans...she loves that stuff

2 comments:

Painless Mama said...

You're kidding, right? Get her on board..not only is she a freak about party planning, she loves doing stuff with your girls..

And congrats, you are a winner!

Caffeine Court said...

Don't you hate when you jump in and help out like that???

I'm hostessing a brunch for all the moms in my daughter's class, and I'm not happy about it. I got pressured and I caved!!

You've got to call in mom on this one!